Your Primary School can book book up to 3 visits with a Heritage in Schools specialist, one of which is Ciara Hinksman of Forest School Ireland, from this Monday, 13th September.
Visits will be FREE to schools and fully funded by the Heritage Council as a way
of supporting teachers and students at a time when the benefits of nature and the outdoors are at an all-time high.
What will be offered to schools from 13th September?
FREE in-person visits
• Schools may book up to three free visits each. The offer is subject to available
funding and it is recommended that you book early to avoid disappointment
• Visits will be fully-funded by the Heritage Council
• Visits will be outdoors only, regardless of weather
NOTE: IN ORDER TO REACH AS MANY SCHOOLS AS POSSIBLE THE LIMIT WILL BE
THREE VISITS PER SCHOOL UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
How do I book a visit?
• Visit the Heritage in Schools website www.heritageinschools.ie (Ciara Hinksman’s profile if you would like to book a Forest School-style session) and browse our Heritage Specialists for ‘in-person’ visits
• When you find a Specialist to suit your requirements contact the Specialist to
arrange a date (i.e. if booking Ciara email firstname.lastname@example.org). Then select ‘book a visit’ on that Specialist’s profile page
• You will receive an email with a reference number when your booking is approved
Please note the following before submitting a booking request:
• Visits will be delivered outdoors only and on the school premises. Requests for field
trips can be assessed on a case-by-case basis. Indoor visits will not be provided
under any circumstance until further notice
• School Covid-19 protocol for visitors musts be emailed to the Specialist in advance of
the visit. Our Specialists will strictly adhere to protocols in place
• Specialists will work with a maximum of 2 pods/30 children
• Face coverings will not be worn unless specifically requested by a school
• Specialists will accept the risk that visits may be cancelled due to inclement weather
but schools are required to give at least 5 working days’ notice for cancellation of
virtual visits, so that slots can be reallocated
Please appreciate that Specialists are self-employed and do not get paid for
cancelled visits – a late cancellation means loss of earnings
• A visit confirmation form will need to be completed and signed by the class teacher
after each visit
• Specialists will remain up-to-date with public health measures relating to COVID-19
Please direct any questions you might have to Maria Walsh:
Phone: 086 083 4685 (between 10am and 3pm, Monday-Friday)
To book Ciara, call 086 3199515 or email her at email@example.com to arrange a date.